Sunday, January 27, 2013

Looking Back, a Review.

I still find myself thinking "I just experienced that!  I was at the Inauguration of President Obama."  Wow.

As I look at the adventures we had and the things we experienced, I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity.  From my time on the campaign and this recent trip to Washington DC I cannot help but think of all the amazing people I met on my journey.  You've heard me say it before, but I refer to these people as my "Obama Family."  To each and every person I came across on the campaign, I cannot thank you enough for the hard work you put into re-electing President Obama.  We all came together for a common cause, poured our hearts and souls into this, and came out victorious on the other side.  This last week, for me, was our celebration and validation that our hard work paid off.

This trip was the trip of a lifetime!  Never again will Washington DC mean as much to me as it did this week.  To all my family and friends who have supported me this past year, thank you.  Thank you to my mom and stepdad who joined me in DC this past week.  I enjoyed celebrating this moment in history with you.  We lived history.  We were at Obamas Inauguration.

Now if only Biden would have had a duet with Lady Gaga at the Staff  Ball, my life would be complete!

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment