My time volunteering on the campaign brought so many amazing people into my life. One of which is Kate Bass. Kate was the first person on the campaign that I met, she is the one who I said "yeah, I'll do anything!" to. Tonight we had a farewell fiesta for her as she embarks on her next journey: Haiti.
It was so great to gather with fellow volunteers and campaigners this evening. We all, very comfortably, returned to our lives on the campaign. To make it feel right I made sure to supply fresh baked cookies and beer. We reminisced, shared stories, updates on life after the campaign, and simply enjoyed being together again. These people were my Obama Family. They will forever hold a very special place in my heart. I am thankful for the work each of them did on the campaign, and know they will all continue to do amazing things with the rest of their lives. There were even talks of coming back together for a Hillary 2016 campaign......
 |
| Rebecca, Kate & myself. Sadly this was our best picture, we had a lot of great outtakes. |
 |
| The Dress Obama magnet on the fridge had no clothes. I figured we could put the Presidential Seal to good use. |
No comments:
Post a Comment