Our goal was to get up at 5am and out by 6am. Accomplished. We got coffee and breakfast and hopped on the Metro to make it to the opposite side of the Mall. We spent about an hour waking and waiting in our line. Quick and efficient security process- THANK YOU TO ALL WHO WORKED TODAY!
We first staked out a spot towards the west side of our section. But after some exploring we decided to relocate to the east side. (Turned out to be a blessing! If you saw on the news the man in the tree who was arrested, we would have been by him.) I was so thrilled to run into Eddie from the campaign and catch up with him. Eddie was a Field Organizer at the Central Denver office and helped us win Colorado!
As we waited and waited and waited some more we couldn't help but notice how friendly and happy everyone was. Yes we waited forever, yes it was chilly, yes we were on our feet for hours. But never once was anyone sour or complaining. I call these people my "Obama Family." Mutual respect for one another, kindness and compassion. This is what Obama represents, and each individual on the Mall today reflected that. It is a beautiful thing to experience.
The music was great and helped set the mood for the events to come. I don't need to tell you all about what happened... You watched it on TV! The Presidents speech was beautiful and moving. The crowd responded to every word. At the close of the event we all got to learn what 700,000 people exiting looks like.....
We walked back to our hotel and, yet again, took a nap. We didn't quite make it out to the Parade route in time to see much, but were able to get a "meh" view from a block and a half away.
Today was such a historic day, and I'm still in disbelief that I witnessed this! Someday I will be able to tell my children and grandchildren about this. The work done by Obama will carry on for generations to come. I am so honored and proud to have volunteered on this campaign to make sure he could continue his work. Today I celebrated. Today I lived history. Today is a memory I will forever cherish.
![]() |
| Eddie & I ran into each other on Inauguration day! |
![]() |
| The view in front and behind us at the Inauguration. The Washington Monument was about 3/4 mile behind us. |
![]() |
| Representing ESU at the Inauguration! |
![]() |
| Thanks Kansas Dems for providing this great picture. Our spot did not have this great of a view... |




No comments:
Post a Comment