Saturday, January 12, 2013

Getting Involved: Obama 2012

Who knew that getting involved in the Obama 2012 Campaign would have such an impact on my life!  And it all started with a bad day at work.  I came home and saw a post on facebook about joining the campaign for a neighborhood canvass the next day and signed up for my first shift.  Saturday morning I had a quick 30-minute training and hit the streets to update my neighbors voter registration.  I was hooked!  Next thing I know I'm a team captain on the West Wash Park team; recruiting volunteers, managing phone banks and directing neighborhood canvasses.  As our team continued to grow and have success we divided and I became the Neighborhood Team Leader for the South Speer team.  Thankfully the South Speer team blossomed with a great core of volunteers.  All of my spare time from May-November went towards the campaign.  Every moment of it was fantastic, I met some amazing people, and had some memorable experiences!

On election night I joined my fellow volunteers as we watched the results roll in.  Seeing Colorado go blue was such a joyous moment!  All our hard work had paid of, it was time to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment