All good things must come to an end, and so did my trip to DC.
I spent my last day enjoying the sights of the city. I had one more day on my Trolley tour pass, so I hopped on the orange line to take a tour of the monuments and Arlington. Most tourists have left the city by now so I had the tour all to my self for the first 15 minutes. Then a young lady got on who was traveling alone as well. We both were getting off at Lincoln memorial to catch the red line to Arlington, and began to chat. She is on a month long solo vacation from Australia to the United States, staying in NYC and taking day trips to wherever she could easily get to by train. I think I finally found someone more excited than me to be in DC!
It was nice to take in the city at a slower pace and enjoy the sites with less people. Earlier in the day I had returned to the Hotel Harrington where we had stayed for our trip, and asked if they would keep my luggage for me so I could tour with less baggage. The fantastic staff there was happy to hold my luggage, even though I'd checked out the day before. I highly recommend the Hotel Harrington if any of you ever visit DC.
By 3pm I wrapped up my tours and caught the metro back to the airport. Slightly sad to leave DC, but already starting my list of what I want to do next time! It is nice to be home, and sleep in my own bed. It is especially nice to snuggle up with my kitty, Sullivan. He is quite happy to have me home!
 |
| View of the mall from Lincoln, a lot less tourists! |
 |
| At the Lincoln memorial. There were two soldiers who had their reenlisting ceremony while we were there. Very proud of them and their service to our country. |
 |
| JFK & Jackies graves with the Eternal Flame at Arlington. |
 |
| A childhood friend was kind enough to let me stay with her my last night. This was the LONGEST escalator ever that I had to take at the Metro near her house! |
 |
| Arlington. |
No comments:
Post a Comment